As you may have heard, Moncton New Brunswick is working on a bid to bring the Canadian Men’s Curling Championship, The Brier, to the Hub City in 2019. They are treating it as a regional event, and expect to draw fans from all over Atlantic Canada.
Two years ago, St. John’s NL changed the bid process with their aggressive pre-sale campaign. They pre-sold 2100 deposits on event passes as part of their bid — a major factor in getting the Brier to St. John’s for 2017. Now Curling Canada is looking for a strong pre-sale as part of the bid.
The Moncton Bid Committee is reaching out to curling club members and curling fans to put a deposit down on a full event pass, and have set up pre-sale tickets at tickets.moncton.ca
Here’s what you need to know:
- Moncton is officially bidding on the 2019 Brier
- They have launched a pre-sale campaign to assist in winning the bid.
- They have set up ticket deposits at tickets.moncton.ca. When you make a $100 deposit, it will go toward securing your event pass for the Brier.
- Their bid will be submitted by the end of June 2017, so they would like strong pre-sale support in advance of that date.
- Should they not win the bid, all deposits will be fully refunded.
- Bringing the Brier to Moncton will have a huge economic benefit to the region and be a massive support to curling throughout the region.
Those who make a $100 deposit (per seat) in support of Moncton’s bid to host the 2019 Brier will be granted first rights to purchase one Full Brier Ticket Package (all matches) when they become available, should Moncton win the bid for the 2019 Brier. Deposits will be fully refunded should Moncton’s bid not be accepted.
Please help #BringOnTheBrier to Moncton!