Sport PEI offers Sport Scholarship awards which recognize excellence and achievement in sport, academics and community involvement.
Sport PEI in 2017 will grant three scholarships of $1000.00 each to Island student athletes.
These scholarships are made possible with support from Sport Centre Physiotherapy, Discount Car & Truck Rentals and Gemini Screen Print & Embroidery.
Deadline is May 17, 2017
New in 2017, applications will only be accepted through an online application. Click for application form.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduating from a Prince Edward Island High School;
- Have excelled in high school and or provincial sports during the current school year;
- Have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities through volunteerism and sport
- Have maintained a strong academic standing during the current school year;
- Entering 1st year at a Canadian post-secondary institution in the fall of the current year.
Applications for the scholarship must include the following items with the application form:
- List and prioritize your five (5) most outstanding sport achievements. (Please be specific, e.g. 1st team All-Star AA Field Hockey, Bronze medal at Canadian Judo Championships-Junior division, -44 kg). in order of importance, International, National, Regional, Provincial & School or Club.
- List of leadership & volunteering activities in community, sport & school
- Detail your future plans in school and sport.
- Two (2) Letters of Reference (sport and/or leadership).
- Copy of Official Academic Record (Transcript).