Curling Canada has endorsed the following recommendations on helmet use in curling facilities:
- Helmets be mandatory for anyone under the age of 12.
- Helmets must be CSA-approved headgear.
- After Under-12, parents would sign waivers or, helmets are worn until the age of majority in that province/territory.
- Curling Canada strongly recommends that anyone in a Learn-To-Curl program (adults or juniors) wears protective headgear.
- Curling Canada strongly recommends that anyone who is vulnerable (related to experience, medical, etc.) wear protective headgear on ice or, sign waivers if choosing not to wear protective headgear
- Curling Canada will work to develop an ongoing concussion awareness education program that can be circulated to through our Member Associations to their affiliated clubs on a regular basis (one-two times/year or as needed).
For more information and resources please visit: http://www.curling.ca/about-the-sport-of-curling/helmet-use-recommendations/.