For those who are interested in obtaining coaching levels to coach at the Scotties and/or Brier, there is an upcoming Competition Development workshop that will have a portion of the workshop as an ONLINE DELIVERY. The parts that are not delivered online you can take locally from Coaching PEI. If you are interested in attending please let me Amy know at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Workshop Date: May 2-5, 2019
Workshop Location: Canadian Sport Institute of Ontario, Toronto Pan Am Centre, 100-875 Morningside Avenue, Toronto ON M1C 0C7
Two Delivery Options – Minimum In-person numbers will apply for workshop to run:
1) In-Person (includes two Integrated Multi Sport Modules – Developing Athletic Abilities and Prevention and Recovery): May 2-5, 2019
2) Online Classroom Delivery (Curling Portion only): May 3-5, 2019
– Participants only eligible to participate online if they reside 300km + away from Toronto
– Participants will have to get Developing Athletic Abilities and Prevention & Recovery Competition Development Multi Sport Modules from their Provincial/Territorial Coaching Organization.
– Participants must be available for the entire portion of the Online delivery, and are expected to actively participate. A facilitator will be dedicated to online participants.
– Participants must have access to High Speed Internet and MUST use a headset with microphone. They must be in a quiet environment.
– Participants will receive course materials via courier a week prior to the workshop.
Proposed Schedule: Meals/Breaks will be integrated throughout each day. Eastern time.
|Thursday, May 2, 2019||12:00-8:00 pm||Prevention and Recovery||In-Person only|
Friday, May 3, 2019
|9:00-1:15 pm||Developing Athletic Abilities||In-Person only|
|2:15 -5:00 pm||Pathway/Pretask/LTAD/Performance Planning||In-Person & Online|
|Saturday, May 4, 2019||9:00 – 5:00 pm||Performance Planning/Technical/Analyze Performance||In-Person & Online|
|Sunday, May 5, 2019||9:00 – 2:30 pm||Manage a Program, Strategy||In-Person & Online|
Fee: Full In-person Workshop $450.00*, Online Curling Portion only $250.00*
*Tuition subsidies may be available from Coaches Association of Ontario for Ontario Coaches.
Registration Deadline: April 26, 2019 at 9:00 am
Workshop Facilitators: Jennifer Ferris, Rob Krepps and Kyle Turcotte
Have Questions- Contact Program Administrator
Jennifer Ferris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 289-527-0352