Many sport organizations have made the decision to cancel their programming to assist in protecting their members and the general public as a whole.
With the most recent announcement of the closure of Early Learning Centres and the extension of March break, it is recommended that if you have not yet done so that your sport organization cancel all activities until at least April 6, 2020. As updates continue to be provided, please ensure that you are following the advice of the Chief Public Health Office.
In addition, the Royalty Centre will be following the recommendations of the Chief Public Health Office and therefore we are asking our members not to enter our facility if you:
- Have travelled outside of Canada
- Have been in close contact (within 2 meters) with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have been in close contact with a person with a fever greater than 38 C OR who has a cough AND has travelled outside of Canada.
We ask that you respect the health of our Royalty Centre community and do not enter and self-isolate in accordance of the guidelines of the Chief Public Health Office.
We also encourage everyone to follow routine prevention measures:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- If ill with acute respiratory symptoms, stay home if possible
- Limit touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Don’t share items like drinking glasses and water bottles
- Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs and countertops
It’s important that the sport community help our fellow citizens by heeding the advice of the Chief Public Health Office. For more information, please visit: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/topic/covid-19